Year 4 Writing Checklist:
These are some of the most important skills we have learned so far and are now expected to be used in your writing!
Use the SPaG skills resources below to refresh your memory and use when you write :)
- Use a range of conjunctions to link ideas and sentences
- Use fronted adverbials with commas
- Use 'was' and 'were' correctly
- Use and spell contracted words correctly
- Spell Year 3/4 words correctly
- Use apostrophes for possession (singular and plural)
- Use contracted words e.g. can't, it's and he'd
- Use the correct tense throughout your writing
- Use the present perfect (happened in the past and still happening) e.g. I have lived in Leeds since I was born
Remember: Capital letters must be used correctly and remember to Purple Polish your work!