The national curriculum for science aims to ensure that all pupils:
EYFS Scope for works:
Understanding the World
• To comment and ask questions about aspects of their familiar world, such as the place where they live or the natural world.
• To talk about some of the things they have observed, such as plants, animals, natural and found objects.
• To talk about why things happen and how things work.
• To develop an understanding of growth, decay and changes over time.
• To show care and concern for living things and the environment.
• To know about similarities and differences in relation to places, objects, materials and living things. They talk about the features of their own immediate environment and how environments might vary from one another.
• To eat a healthy range of foodstuffs and understand a need for variety in food.
• To show some understanding that good practices with regard to exercise, eating, sleeping and hygiene can contribute to good health.